Wednesday 25 February 2009

A need to write.

I've been reading peoples blogs for years and have often wondered what would compel someone to pour out random warbling online for anyone to see; often deeply personal things or frequently pointless observations with the occasional heartbreaking/ uplifting story thrown in for good measure.

I still don't have an answer to why they do it - maybe that should now be why WE do it.

The need to write has just hit me. There's plenty I want to put down. In many ways I'm not writing for anyone else other than me. If people read this and enjoy it, or even hate it, that’s just fine with me. If no one ever reads this I will still be happy with it.

Why the title "Confessions of a Confused Worship Leader"? It's what has sparked this whole thing off. The last 3 or 4 years have been completely life changing for me. I feel that there have been a series of specific events that have lead me to where I am now. If you have stumbled across this blog and you hope to find answers then I'm afraid you may be disappointed. I am drowning in questions and the answers I get to my questions in themselves create more questions. I hope to share some of this journey in the bog over the next few months and in turn share some of my questions.

All you need to know just now is that through God’s divine planning I find myself, 32 years of age and a worship leader at the local Methodist church in Richhill, Co. Armagh, Northern Ireland and I'm totally and utterly confused about almost everything.

2 comments:

juliemh said...

Hey there, cuz! You know, whenever I feel confused about my place in the world, I remind myself of this: If we have all the answers, what else is left to learn..? We live, we love, we learn. Hopefully! haha Life is a lesson and confusion is good....it makes us THINK! Sometimes, I say to people "Talk to me while I'm listening" and I realise now, after a long, lonely time, that God says that to me ALL the time. :o)
Love ya, cousin of mine xx

Bri said...

Not to bring a downer on this deeply spiritual post, but in the 2nd last paragraph you talked about sharing your journey on the bog....I'm just desperately hoping that was a typo!